WHAT THE HELL!
On a bright sunny morning, I stepped out of the house happily going to embrace my to-be job. The bus came just when I reached the busstop and to think that I went: " Oh my, it must be my lucky day today". How wrong was I.
At the company, I was ushered to some random room by two nice ladies (this was prolly the only nice thing that happened). The person who was supposed to attend to me/newcomers was on medical leave. After staring into space and meddling with my phone for 20 or so mins, another lady came in, by the way, she didnt look nice at all. She delivered the bad news when she actually said: "But we didnt hire anyone!". I showed her the contract.
After another 5 mins or so, my phone rang and the bad news was confirmed bad. lol. The agent actually said that the company's project was cancelled and funding has been rejected and I was ta-dah, rendered jobless. The company had forgotten to inform the agency and hence I wasn't informed too. Well, this is what they claimed. By the way, the lady didnt even come by to apologise. In fact, I didnt see her after that at all. How polite.
Boy, was I angry! Very! I argued with the agent and after 3 calls, I guess I lost despite putting up a good fight (I think at least lol). The conclusion was no compensation for me. Despite the terms in the contract, written black and white, that I have my rights and should be duly compensated. There's nothing I can do actually. I can't believe it.
One day's pay isn't worth taking the issue to MOM. Which, btw, I think is what the agent was playing on.
What a day.
Hell angry and feeling ever more unjustified.
1 comment:
Hey chill yo~ Eh did you just change your template? I hope you're still having fun in sg, relax, take your time! :)
Post a Comment