Saturday, October 23

Hello world.
As I'm doing my webcast, two books that was mentioned in the lecture caught my attention and got me searching them up on NLIB's catalogue. While searching, I did a quick mental check and was reminded that I have quite a few books lying on my table waiting for me to flip them open!

So in the upcoming December break, I'm hoping to strike off at least two books from the list!
Here's my list:

This is what I call a "toliet read". You get the idea.
Since I've read two of this five book series, I might as well read this (it's been lying around in my house since October!)


I have to finish off this book before my sis fly to the US.
This is quite a heavy book and I don't mean it has a dense writing style.
But you kind of need quite a clear mind to think and reflect upon what message the author is trying to put across and I enjoy applying them into my life.
I think this kind of books is very meaningful, so I'll make sure I remember what teachings I've learnt from them. But, more often than not, by the end of the week, I'd have forgotten everything. hahaha.

This is the book introduced in my lecture. The title says it all- book on slums!
The status is amazingly (or not) Not On Loan in Tampines Library! 'Tampinesians' seem to read alot.



House Rules! It's also been lying around for quite some time already.
Jodi Picoult is good, but after reading perhaps the fourth of fifth book from her, it really becomes boring. Similar storyline, similiar family tragedy, similar writing style.

Okay, this is another book by Mike Davis introduced in lecture. But since it has a boring title and cover design, this will only be considered if Planet Of Slums turns out to be an interesting and fulfilling read.

The last one on the list is also the last book of the Millenium Trilogy.
I've read the first two books; the first turned out to be really exciting but the second one was way too disappointing. But since I'm 2/3 done with this trilogy, might as well, right?



1 comment:

探し続けてる said...

wow, cool! It's been so long since I lay my hands on any storybooks..Hope you'd enjoy reading the books during the holiday after the busy semester! JIAYOU!=)