In a few hours time my first lesson for the sem will start. Before that, as usual, I'd like to sum up my holidays.
This Dec holidays I felt, have been particularly enriching for me. Compared to going on a trip overseas, window shopping with friends, being cooped up in my room playing The Sims, watching dramas on the net etc etc, interning seem like the "correct" choice for me. And it was.
It was kinda fortunate that the company I went to did not regard interns as temp admin staffs, or so in my opinion. But of course with that comes some responsibility and expectations made of you. It was the first time I was kind of expected to actually produce results at work.
Another important factor that kept me going at work was the environment (I mean the office people and definitely not literally the environment cos Jurong is really really polluted) and the fellow interns. Even though I had several temp jobs before, this was the first time (notice yet another first) I had fellow comrades with me. I didn't dread lunch anymore but instead always counting down with them to it. Occasionally, we got young colleagues to join us and it wouldn't get too awkward too!
I also did my first semi-formal corporate presentation to about 20 audience during the internship. Although I didn't think it went superbly well, still glad that I received comments saying I didn't appear nervous as compared to the others. haha.
All of the above made me miss my working days even when it means having to commute 3 hours a day to and fro. As my boss was saying, five weeks was really too short.
Overall, my Dec holidays were great! Apart from work, the one day trip to JB, outings with LPYs, meeting up with old friends for a nice long chat, the failed Christmas exchange with the jc friends (haha!), going for the new year countdown fireworks (will not go in near future) and even managing to squeeze in some Sims time made my holidays even more 充实. Cheers to many great holidays in future!
Wednesday, January 12
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
that's a nice review on your internship:) jiayou for the new semester and see you around! ^^
cindy
Post a Comment