Day 1:
I arrived at the school at around 6.50am. I was early coz we planned to celebrate yuying's birthday that morning. Poor thing. She had to spend her 15th birthday on the bus, alone. Okay.. den later we gathered at the hall whereby we sat in our groups and stuff adn we finally set off to Malaysia. I sat with Connie on the bus, with xuefang and wanyu beside and wan chin behind us. We talked. Really talked alot. Finally at around 6pm, we arrived at Pahang. Actually it was our campsite. The sun had already set down and soon darkness arrives. We had caving that night. Cool... the cave was nice with limestones I think. And we had some night walk when we were done with the cave. O yah, later there was a part whereby we were to switch off our torches and walk with the only source of brightness from the moon. It was pitch dark of course and sounds of monkeys and crickets could be heard all the way. According to the guide, they are calling for rain. Before we reached our destination, we saw firefiles! I only saw 1 but Mr Cuthbert and my friends they all claimed that they saw several. Never mind. At least I saw 1. Heehee... Okay. den we reached our dormitory. It looks nice and "appealing" from the outside, the common room was alright, and then we got our keys. When we saw our dorms for the first time, we were totally shocked. The floors was scattered with bugs, bugs and more bugs. There was milipedes as well. Gross. Adn then there was the toliets or rather bathrooms. To our horror, there were even more milipedes there! You wouldn't be shocked if you find a fly flying past you every now and then. Nevertheless, I bathed. Of course, on my alert. Haha... Making sure that there wasn't any milipedes crawling in my cubicle. Haha... then after the bath. We went to sleep. I shared a bed with Connie. My eyes closed and the morning awaits...
Day 2:
Okay. I was awaken by people's voices?? The Malays in our dorm woke up early and bathe. they were so clean ok? haha, felt guilty. I didn't bathe in the morning. I didn't want to risk myself by going in the toliets again. Den slowly, moe people woke up. And after all those brushing and stuff, we set out for the "canteen". where we had out breakfast. The strange thing is, at the camp, I couldn;t feel whether I was hungry or full. I ate very little for sure. Don't know why. I just couldn't finished the food. haha, the thing I liked was the milo. everyone complained it was too sweet. But I thought it was just nice for me. Haha... okay. den we set out for, if I'm not wrong. Abseiling. Wow! I love that, It was fun, very very fun indeed. Even Huaqian who's scared of height completed the task loh. Haha, 3 cheers for her!!! I also completed it. I managed it without suffering from any scratches. Phew~ O yah, there, Meiyin was bitten by a leech, It's liek bleeding non-stop. it was disgusting u noe. I spotted it on her leg just as she was going for abseiling, she was brushed it off her leg. Luckily it was a tiny one. Disgusting! Den later, we had our lunch under the trees. Risking bugs and worms dropping into our food. But I couldn't care much, after all, I had to eat it. Thus I chose not to look out for them. Haha.. War strategy. Yeah! Den..let me think. O yah! We went for caving. Okay. This cave is the dangerous part. There were parts that was so dangerous that we had to go one by one, with the leaders or guides helping us. we whad to bend down sometimes. Looking out for our head. There was one part that was so memorable. It was a 75 degree slope. We could only slide down a little ojn our butt, with the walls our only support. I was scared okay, I had a bottle in one hadn and a torch in the other. Den later wanyu offered to help me keep my bottle. Thanks. I felt more stable. Thanks alot. O yah. henry was a poor thing, he had to help Mr Cuthbert take a plastci bag full of plastic bottles. Worst part is, when we reached the slope, the plastic bag teared, bottles kept falling out, and we had to make sure we didn't litter the cave or else we had tp be banned from having water. So wanyu, mich, me, henry, dempster, yuying and some other people were like picking up the bottles and trying to stuff it into the bag again. It wasn;t of much help actually. Sorry for that. Then when later at one point the guide stopped and he said we were supposed to find the way out ourselves. Although I knew that from the other groups earlier on, I was still very scared. I walked with Wanyu. When I realised we wetre liek the last few people, I can't helped but cried. I felt insecure. I miss home, I miss Singapore. I must really thank Wanyu, I'm timid, if not for her, I would be like scared stiff in the cave. Thanks for your concern. And Michelle, foe leading us out of the cave and jungle. And Connie calling out, " Bewareof holes here!" and everyone who help in one way or another. I didn';t help much, or rather, I didn't help. I'm helpless myself. I'm not a leader, I'm just a follower. I wished I could be of help to somebody, but it seems that there was only times when people helped me. I couldn't do much. Sorry for that. But really a big thanks from the bottom of my heart to those who helped. Thanks wanyu and mich. Then later at night, we were supposed to sleep in tents that night. It was raining that night, wan chin, con and me shared a tent... con adn i was like crying in the tent. We missed home. Then later i opened up the tent to catch some breathe, to my horror, I saw a snake!!!! It was yellow and black in colour, con and I yelled. It was like so near to us. We immediately zipped up our tents. We couldn't risked our lives opening it. We shouted for Mr Cuthbert. we told him and later, in some chaotic situations, We were told to move out of the tents into a small house. where 20+ girls squeezed in half of the house and less than 10 boys in the other half. Good for the guys den. I slept in one corner with my sleeping bag with connie and me. It was real cold. I kept shivering. there was some intervals in the night whereby everyone in the house woke up. Usually its liek one wakes up and talks and slowly the whole house of people woke up. haha... I had a good sleep that night. Guess I was too tired bah. Haha... ok... I shall continue mu next entry some other day.
I'm tired.
Bye!
Saturday, May 29
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment