Nature's first green is gold,
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf's a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subside to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay.
Robert Frost
I grabbed this from Chuanli's blog.
It's from The Outsiders, our lit book for sec 2.
I used to be able to recite this without looking at the page, but when I chance upon it just now, starting on each new line seems like reading a poem I've never read before.
As I was thinking, like this, many memories have kinda been pushed to the back of our mind over the years.. Isnt it?
The Outsiders reminds me of the secondary 1 and 2 days.
I recalled those who's seated around me during sec 2.
From clockwise, Hengky, Fenny, SangJin, Mingkee, Chuanli.
Wow, that was like a long long time ago.
I remember I was still a very guai student then.
Must pay attention and all.. Ha, and hengky and chuanli would purposely make noise and disturb me. LOL. And mingkee would be kinda entertained. I guess. Heehee.. making an assumption here. Our class used to be make fun of chuanli I think, calling him chunli. You know? The streetfighter(I guess) chunli, yeap, the girl.
And my clique of friends, kon, sheryl, yichen and blah blah... Hmm, where there're both happy and sad times.
In Mrs Tan's chinese class in sec 1, where everyone was so eager to answer questions and clean the board just for points. Lol. Cant believe the point system kept us entertained until sec 3 or 2, cant really rmber, geez.
Those were the "shorts" days, until the guys changed into long pants and everyone changed. Till today, everyone just gets on with his/her life, maybe once in a while making a blog entry reminiscing the past, just like what I'm doing now.
Maybe this is what they term, memories.

=)
No comments:
Post a Comment