Sunday, July 13

Bangkok, Thailand

knI know today is the 9th day( omg, it seems longer) I'm back from BKK but I dont care and I want to blog about it. LOLS.

The first day we arrived at BKK.
We took ThaiAirways there. No personal screen even though the short clip of demo showing all the safety gagdets claims that it has. So very sadly no movies no games, just earpiece music. But anyways, the flight only lasted for about 2 hours.


We stayed at Asia Hotel. My dad loves this hotel which I dont understand why. I'll rate it 7.5/10.
One funny thing was the first day I was complaining to my dad for leaving empty bottles of soft drinks (I think) anywhere in our hotel room and my dad went like comeon! This hotel won't have ants at all! And ever since then, our room was flooded okay not to the extend of flooded but well you can see ants quite everywhere.
Our only picture in the hotel room.
So first meal was at a tiny restaurant just opposite our hotel.
What I ordered. I crave for hot and spicy food EVERYDAY at bkk. And I finally give in to TomYam there. Some tomyam soup with prawns. 7prawns I still remember. HAHA My mum's horfun! It's good!
My sister's green curry. Hmmm, not a very nice one though. And didnt manage to capture my dad's food. He gobbled everything up before we could set our hands on the cameras. Yea, my dad loves to eat.
After the first meal, we took Skytrain or was it BTS to MBK!
In bkk, people queue up in straight lines to board trains! Unlike Singaporeans.

Me on the overbridge/connector to MahBoonKrong! Likes the busy streets. Oh, but not when I'm in taxis.
Cant believe the world is so small. Met Yanning, YuanQing and yuyang there!


We saw this amazing machine at MBK's electronic level. It's a charger machine for people to charge their cellphones when your phone dies outside of house. Just pay an amount and your handphone battery gets recharged very quickly. Interesting!

Proceed to CentralWorld after that. Dont undertsand why my dad insists on going there. He says its like a landmark so must go. Well, its just another shopping mall with those designers brands.
Me at the entrance of CentralWorld.
Taken at CentralWorld(I think). They were having some art exhibition.
HAHA! And I found a gigantic dog with the same prints on my bag.

Went to FourFaceBuddha right after. Lots of roadside stalls selling flowers for prayers. Colourful!Haha. This is 经典! Look at our faces. The really thick and stuffy air/smoke is unbearable! Kept on laughing when we look at our day's pictures.



Erm, this should be dinner at SIAM Restaurant if I'm not wrong. The boss's a chinese who cant speak chinese. Great food there! Yummy. We had tzichar and this is my favourite. More prawns and sotongs...
Second day! Started with a half day citytour with tourgroup. Went to floating market, Wat Arun, leather factory, gem factory (sian) and four face buddha(again!).
Took loads of pictures at Wat Arun. It's the palace of the dont know which generation of royal family. Magnificent!

It's like a pagoda and you can climb up all the way if you can. But the steps are like so steep I dont dare to go up further! This was taken halfway up the pagoda.


Self-taken shot.

After the short tour was Platinum. Great place but no pictures haha.
At night was SuanLum Night Bazaar. It was such a disappointment! Was it that we went at the wrong time? Cant be but the whole place wasn't very shoppable and there weren't many shoppers around.
Self-taken shot again on the streets of SuanLum.

And guess what are these!
Its OMG KTV you know! Enough space only for I think at most 2 person. It's like toilet cubicles and no privacy at all cause it's facing the busy street and the doors are transparent. You can see their screen, the glowing patch, from here.
On the third day! Morning was Chatuchak! We went very early. I think we reach at 11? Cause my dad wanted to avoid the afternoon sun. It's quite shoppable but it was damn hot cause the place was under canvas sheet imagine! So left shortly. Very shortly.


Beautiful flowers!
My dad busy finding the way to our next stop. Chinatown.

Streets of Chinatown.Yu2 Piao4! One of the main aims of my mum going there. Didnt know they are such expensive stuffs! And it's supposed to be considered cheap at bkk.
Me at a shop FULL FULL FULL of yupiao.
And we chanced upon this dimsum shop on the super narrow+squeezy+damp+dirty alleyway (wont even call it street) of Chinatown. Remember to go here (picture below) if you go bkk's Chinatown! It has very very nice har gao, siew mai, buns and whatever dimsum at very reasonable prices! And its airconditioned and has a place for you to sit down and eat. A real escape from the alleyways haha.
We ordered a lil to try+ grab the chance to rest our legs. And then it turned out to be so nice we just ordered more and more! HAHA
And can you believe it we went back to the hotel to sleep at around 3. Slept till bout 5? And it was back to Platinum for second round of shopping which I demanded haha cause I bought miserable amount of clothes.
But it wasnt very fruitful you know why?
Cause it was sunday and I dont know why they close so early. They were near to closing when we merely walked around for a while.
And there were suddenly lots LOTS of security guards around holding they walkytalkies looking all around. And before that we saw more security guards taking pictures of a shop which seemed to be ransacked.
You see. If you were there tense anot?
BUT, although the atmosphere was tense we decided to continue walking around haha cause hello we just reached! lols.
And after more walking, suddenly a string of security guards went dashing down the escalators. WAH MAN. XIA SI WO MEN LE!
Ok, turned out there was a break in and obviously the burglar was hiding around Platinum. HAHA. And my dad who was resting his legs outside Platinum witnessed the whole drama and he said the burglars were caught. OMG. quite scary right.

So fast forward to the last day (sobs!). Went back MBK bright and early to stock up on 土产. And after that was lunch! This restaurant is called LittleHut of Steak and Thai Food. V nice too! I think practically all food in bkk is to my family's liking.


TomYam soup again! More prawns and sotongs.
My dish. I cant believe I ordered prawn and sotong with sambal chili again!
And they have nice coconuts too!

Awww, and it was check on time. The only family photo of the trip.
Wheee**


On the plane back. And we're back to home sweet home! =)



I will definitely visit Bkk again! It's flooded with singaporeans and angmohs!

So on my list now would be London and Bkk.

No comments: