Finally, prelims have ended.
I dont usually comment on papers. but this time, I'm gonna do it.
Pre-Warning: the following will be mundane post-prelims rants:
So I shall start with the very first paper,
GP Compo: The 3 main topics that I studied for didnt came out. Got quite a shock actually. Helpless for a while. And then I chose this question: "Is the world a dangerous place to live in?" or something along that line la. And all that was in my mind was Ms Norsheha's ... make a clear stand Make A Clear Stand! And I happily wrote a one-sided essay all the way. I cant believe I'm still making such stupid mistakes at prelims. OHGOD.
GP Compre: Nothing much to comment. Wasnt esp good wasnt esp bad.
Maths Paper 1: Was rather pissed at certain questions that I cant do. Dont even know whats the topic of the question.
Econs Paper 2: This was seriously the worst worst econ paper in my whole jc life. My mind was like BLANK, my thoughts all tangled up, what I can rmber was also all mixed up. In the end, I wrote the 3 essays like GP essays. Never felt so helpless/ hopeless before. I guess it was just really too much to memorize for me. I panicked. To sum it up on how bad it was, I cried after the paper. The last time I cried after exams was sec 4 prelims. Sigh.
Physical Geog: This was equally bad. Can say that I didnt study hydrology. Only touch like 5% of the whole topic content. Didnt even memorize. Sigh. And it had to come out in DRQ that needed text knowledge. Whats worse, I cannot decipher the diagrams. This was also the worst physical geog paper I did in my whole jc life.
Maths Paper2: I disappointed myself. I thought statistics were much better than pure maths. But seriously, this paper was poorly done too. The questions, I feel, were weird too. Sigh again.
Econs CSQ: It was on China and USA, global warming. At least I had some knowledge of these issues. But predictably, I forgot some policies too. As I found it at least do-able, others found it do-able too.
Human Geog: I wrote CHina and Japan as SE Asian countries. How stupid. I didnt study Urbanisation. And I lost another 6 marks on DRQ like that. For essay, I cant believe I actually forgot a whole casestudy in which I can still remember the stats now. I actually didnt write maquiladoras for role of govt. What happened?
Physics MCQ: Neutral about this. But I guess the score will still be those bordering ones.
__________________
After the prelims, I realise major problems I face now
1) My ability to memorize and then regurgitate has greatly, drastically, alarmingly, significantly reduced. This is a BIG WORRY. I take geog and econs u see.
2) There's always a fear in me when doing econs and maths. Seriously I dont understand how one can actually memorize, not saying all, but most of the content. It's like freaking lot. I think it will take about a month of intensive memorizing. Given my memory now, I guess after the second week, I wont remember things I studied during the first week.
3) Double papers in a day makes me mad.
4) I get all panicky and I cant straighten my thoughts.
And so, I'm penning all this down to make sure I know how bad prelims was. The A's must be perfect.
Friday, September 21
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment